I’m not a professional baker. And I don’t play one on YouTube. So when someone who IS on YouTube or TV says they’re gonna show me how to bake something easy, I check it out. Easy works for me. How about you?
Do you wanna bake something easy for Christmas?
I found a recipe. And, just so you know, up front, I haven’t done this one yet. But it sounds yummy. And I hope to give it a try if other appointments and festivities don’t get in the way. So, check this out.
They had me at “ingredients for Cappuccino Biscotti”
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 85 grams room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 3.5 ounces hazelnuts, skins removed
- 3.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips, to melt and dip
Here are the baking directions:
- Preheat oven to 325 and set rack in middle position.
- Place hazelnuts on a sheet pan and toast until lightly golden in color and fragrant, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Once cool, give the nuts a rough chop and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, and espresso powder together to dissolve powder.
- Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar at medium to high speed until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl as needed. Mixture should be pale in color.
- Add egg mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Scrape down bowl as needed.
- Add dry ingredients, at low speed, in two parts, until combined and no sign of flour remains.
- Add hazelnuts and chocolate chips and mix on low until just combined.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment and transfer the dough to the sheet pan.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into one log, down the length of the sheet tray, each log about 3” wide.
- The length should be almost to the edges of the pan.
Let me know how yours turned out. And feel free to send me samples. But if you want some ingredients to something even easier, enroll in RondaReady UNversity before midnight on December 31st. You can check out other posts and emails that tell you how great it is. Or take the shortcut and enroll at the link below.
Enroll in UNversity today: https://bit.ly/3sjscAd