Read through my hundreds of articles here on my website, and you’ll find key topics pop up over and over. Like planning. I always say you gotta have a plan. And another crucial part of that is to take your plan into action.
Here are seven famous quotes from famous guys who talked about planning. Check out the common theme:
- “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” – Thomas Edison
- “Always plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.” – Richard Cushing
- “Unless you have definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
- “Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” – Peter F. Drucker
Yes, planning is the common theme. But look a little closer. Because they all have action verbs. Movement. Prep work. Building. And, of course, some thought.
But you can’t take a plan to action if you don’t have one to start with.
Someone, I used to work with, is an example of what I mean. I’d ask what our next step or steps would be. And he’d just smile and say “Best plan no plan.” But then, he went from being in the top 5% of his industry to a life filled with alcohol and drugs. Here’s a short video I shared, a while back, about having a plan…
Sure, I understand the need to be flexible,
But “no plan” typically means no action. And no success.
I know I shared an extreme case. But it’s important to discuss how bad strategies can have BAD consequences.
That being said, you should know I haven’t mapped out every minute of my life.
Like vacations, for example. I like to leave at least a little room for spontaneous activities. You never know what you might discover that wasn’t in the brochures.
But I DO say the best strategy is a well thought out plan when it comes to business. In fact, without it, business is almost like a game rigged against you.
Napoleon Hill said it’s one of the most important keys and one of the most challenging aspects of success.
That’s one of the reasons I developed the RondaReady System. And it’s helped scores of other entrepreneurs, like you, make an organized plan for their businesses. Plus, they were able to take that plan into action better AND faster.
But if you’re not Ready to invest in a serious System to set up your business, don’t get mine. Because it’ll cost you too much. And, in that case, I recommend you get my free daily emails. That way you’ll get to know me better and get yourself better prepared. Then, you can contact me anytime you’re Ready to kick it up a notch or three
Get my emails at the quick and easy link below. See you soon.