5 Tips for better hiring practices
See how that includes “practice”?
Hourly or salary? That question pops up a lot when it comes time for a business owner to start hiring help. You can attract good workers and not-so-good workers with both payment models. So, I believe the real question is…which way do you believe will work best for your business and you as a business owner? And today I’m sharing 5 tips for better hiring practices to help you figure that out and work it out.
Better hiring practices can help you keep a better eye on your doors.
Getting the right people in the right positions can mean more sales. And more sales equals more money in the front door. Makes sense, right? But getting the wrong people in the wrong positions can wipe a lot of those profits right off the books. It’s what I call the “lack of efficiency expenses”. Like watching all the money that breezed through the front door just breezed right back out the back door.
But how do you watch both doors at the same time?
YOU can’t. But a proven system can. And you signed up for this business thing. So why not do it right and make it a whole lot easier on yourself…and your team? That being said, here are my 5 tips for better hiring practices. I’m not going into more details because that information is reserved for my clients and subscribers. But when you at least hit these high spots, you can go a long way toward hiring the right people in the right positions.
- Determine the roles and responsibilities in your company
- Hire responsibly (not just someone who can fog a mirror)
- Conduct a performance review at 90 days and consistently after that (don’t wait until you want to hide away from it all)
- Put together a budget for individual compensation raises (yeah, boring budget stuff, but saving more money’s not boring)
- Plan for bonuses if (when!) you meet those higher annual monetary goals
You can do this!! And the RondaReady business coach CRM system can help you get organized, get ready, and…