To do not or to do
A list for your Starship and you
If it sounds like I’m mixing Shakespeare with Star Trek, there’s a good reason why. Because I am. Of course the “to do not or to do” part is from the famous soliloquy in Hamlet. And your Starship is your enterprise. Your business. And if you’ve followed my articles and videos for any time at all, you know how I love to connect business to…well…just about anything. Yesterday (in real time) I talked about list lust. Today I have a special list for you.
This will either be a to do not list or a to do list. Your choice.
And right up front, this list is only for you if you’re a business owner who hires people. Or if you think you’ll be hiring people in the future. This is a list for how to hire them. And how you’ll proceed once they’re onboard. Are you ready? Really, really ready? Ok, here’s the list…
For new hires:
- Determine position roles and responsibilities differently for each new hire. Because people are not all the same.
- Find out how your new hire works, and then determine how to let them know what you expect.
- You know your business better than anyone. So be sure your new hire can follow you around for the best training.
- You’re all adults. So use whatever language you prefer. After all, showing emotions is just keepin’ it real.
- If your new hire doesn’t cut it within 90 days, you gotta let ’em go and get someone else. You gave ’em every chance.
OK, there you go. Total common sense. Right? And the list is yours to use as you see fit. This is YOUR enterprise Starship. So, I’m trusting you to make the wise decisions, based on your knowledge and expertise, to avoid mutiny. But just so you know, I’d say somewhere around 100% of the business owners, who’ve made that a to-do list, no longer own those businesses. Or their Starship no longer travels at warp speed.
Either way you choose, let me know how it goes.
If you’d like some help avoiding the potential pitfalls of a list like that, transport my RondaReady business coach CRM system onto your Starship today. Lots of other Captains of Enterprise have used it to keep their shields up and their ship “engaged.”
So, when you’re really, really ready to get ready, get RondaReady and…